Genting Hong Kong Announced some more intriguing details on their upcoming mega-ship class, the Deam-class.
While at a travel trade show in China, Genting announced that the first of the 208,000gt Global-class will be called Global Dream.
Some additional details:
- They’ve yet again changed her gross tonnage from 204,000 to 208,000.
- They pushed back the deliver from 2020 to early 2021.
- The average balcony cabin will measure 20 square meters.
- Possibly all balcony cabins will have the split bath concept. This is the configuration that Disney first introduced and now Carnival uses on their newbuilds.
- Cabins will also feature bluetooth door locks, LED mood lighting, and climate control that will utilize a mobile app.
These ships will be massive. I did a full analysis back in March.