UPDATE:The Mardi Gras complete deck plans have been released. Also here are her inaugural itineraries.
- Her maiden voyage will set sail from Copenhagen on 8/31/2020 and sail to Kiel, Germany; Gothenburg, Sweden; Oslo, Norway; Rotterdam, Netherlands; Zeebrugge, Belgium; Le Havre, France and end in Southampton, UK.
- Then there will be a transatlantic which leaves on 9/9/2020 with stops at Las Palmas and Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands; Funchal; Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal. Then arrives in New York on 9/23/2020.
- A short Canada & New England trip round-trip leaves from New York on 9/24/2020. She sails to Portland, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick and returns to Manhattan on 9/30/2020.
- Then a repositioning 15-day Carnival Journeys cruise from Manhattan departs on 9/30/2020 sailing to Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, and arrives at Port Canaveral on 10/15/2020.
- A special 8-night cruise departs Port Canaveral on 10/16/2020 and returns on 10/24/2020
Then she’ll start her regular Eastern and Western Caribbean routes.
- The Eastern will call at San Juan, Amber Cove and Grand Turk.
- The Western will stop in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Mahogany Bay.
Carnival Cruise Line’s 2020 newbuild, the Mardi Gras, will feature six different zones throughout the ship. These closely resemble what we see on aidaNOVA, and P&O’s Iona however just with a Carnival twist. They are:
- Grand Central – (Decks 6-8) – The ships three deck tall main atrium will be a day and night entertainment venue.
- French Quarter – (Deck 6) – The ships main promenade featuring smaller bars and venues branching off from it.
- La Piazza – (Decks 8) – Italian themed area with the pizzeria and Cucina del Capitano. The Mardi Gras will also debut the lines new Mediterranean-themed seafood restaurant to be located here.
- Summer Landing – (Decks 8) – The enhanced version of the Lanai promenade. These class of ships split the promenade up a bit into two sections. Off this part will be the Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse as well as the aft facing pool. No mention of a Havana-like area here but that’s the location it will be.
- Lido – (Deck 16-17) – The ships main pool area. There will be a return of Guy’s Burger Joint, the Seafood Shack, and BlueIguana Cantina. They also teased us with some new concepts to be announced at a later date.
- The Ultimate Playground – (Deck 18-20) – An immense waterpark and sports venue. This is where the roller-coaster announced last year will be located.
The ship will also feature 20 different stateroom categories. Bookings open up for sale on Jan. 30, 2019.
She definitely will be the lings flagship when she’s delivered and I can’t be more excited!