Today was the second day of the Seatrade Cruise Global conference in Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). The focus of today was definitely food. Here are the highlights and announcements:
- Details of NCL’s Harvest Caye in Belize were announced. It will feature pools with swim-up bars, zip-lining, and a Margaritaville bar and restaurant.
- MSC announced they partnered with Hawaiian chef Roy Yamaguchi to offer a new dining venue aboard MSC Seaside.
- Carnival announced that Guy Fieri will create a new Bar-B-Que Smokehouse onboard the Carnival Magic called the Pig and Anchor.
- Celestial Cruises, who’s parent is Greece’s Louis Cruises, announced they “will definitely get newbuilds.” However that was the extent of the rumor.
- Norwegian has promised that they will price the Norwegian Joy at below Quantum prices.
- Seabourn announced that famed chef Thomas Keller will have a restaurant onboard their ships.