Friday Morning an Italian judge handed down the rulings for 4 crewmembers, and one land based manager, of the Costa Concordia.
These sentencing’s are a result of a plea barging that the collective 5 took. Thus leaving Capt. Schettino as the only remaining defendant in this case.
- Ciro Ambrosio (Bridge Officer)
- 1 year 11 months
- Jacob Rusli Bin (Helmsman)
- 1 year 8 months
- Manrico Giampedroni (Hotel Director)
- 2 years 6 months
- Roberto Ferrarini (Crisis Coordinator, Costa Crociere S.p.A.)
- 2 years 10 months
- Silvia Coronica (Bridge Officer)
- 1 year 6 months
If this sentencing seems harsh for people that weren’t directly involved, keep in mind this is the same country that imprisoned six scientists for failing to predict a 2009 earthquake.