On Saturday, a fire broke out onboard France’s MS Gerard Schmitter. The CroisiEurope ship was in the process of tying up when the fire was first reported.
The cause seems to be a cable that sparked in the ships ‘Technical room’, which might be the control room. Either way, tick black smoke was then seen billowing from the vessel. Passengers were quickly evacuated to the dockside and sheltered in a local restaurant.
No serious injuries were reported from the 154 passengers and 34 crew onboard. One woman was treated for shock.
Photos via CruiseLaw & Shipwreck Log