Here’s what has happened yesterday and today.
- The number of missing is at 21.
- Divers recovered a body this morning bringing the death toll up to 12. The passenger was said to have a life jacket on. They were found in a narrow passageway near an evacuation staging point at the aft of the ship.
- Maritime surveyors on land are using laser sights to track the movement of the ship on the rocks. There have been further reports of her shifting over night.
- The chairman of RINA, Gianni Scerni, the classification society for the Costa Concordia, has resigned with immediate effect from January 17, 2012.
- Light fuel is reported to have been seen around the wreck.