Here are some highlights from the Seatrade Ricer Cruise Panel in Hamburg:
- Central Europe saw an increase of 51%. 228 total vessels, with a dozen more on the books.
- Russia’s fleet decreased to 150 from 160. They also noted that the ”current tonnage is aging”. I think the recent vessel sinking is a prime example of this.
- Nile river cruising is pretty stagnant due to unseasonable weather.
- A panelist indicated that he predicts that China will soon be a booming river market
- Another panelist stated that Portugal’s fleet is in a state of limbo stating: “too much demand, for the supply existing”.
- With in the U.K., 134,000 river cruises were sold yielding an increase of over 8%.
- Today marks the first ever River Cruise Day
That’s if for now.