click for larger
Back in January the famous Queen Elizabeth 2 was confirmed to have been sold to the Asian Pacific firm, Oceanic Group. That group has announced further details. While we still don’t have all the facts, here’s what we know:
- She will be officially launched sometime in 2015.
- COSCO shipyard in China have confirmed that they will be doing the refurbishment.
- All her current cabins will be converted to about 400 suites.
- They will completely renovate the ships ballroom.
- Add seven restaurants and 10 lounges.
- Create a full cinema and shopping mall.
- Create a maritime museum devoted to the ships rich history.
- No designs have been finalizes as interior design firms are currently bidding on the project.
- She will be permanently docked in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
Lastly, there is still no word yet on when she will make the transit from Dubai to China.